Saying this is healthy might be a stretch but this tasty treat is a great option for people with food sensitivities and can be easily altered to fit different needs or even what you might have in your cupboards!
Check out the recipe below and I hope you enjoy! :)
Ingredients Please note - this is was done in a 10 1/4 inch cast iron pan. If you have a smaller pan you can probably cut this recipe in half
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups almond flour, oat flour or oat of choice
2 eggs (or 2 chia eggs)
1 cup cup dairy-free chocolate chips or chocolate of your choice! Seen people use sugar free chocolate which is a great option!
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup ghee (or coconut oil)
2/3-1 cup coconut sugar (adjust based on how sweet you want it)
Note: you may need a dash of milk if batter is dry. This may be dependent on the type of flour you use
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Mix the vanilla, egg. peanut butter, ghee together
3. In a separate bowl mix the flour, chocolate chips, baking soda and coconut sugar
4. Combine the dry and wet ingredients
5. If you find that the batter is still really dry then add a dash of plant based milk until its well mixed
6. Grease your cast iron pan with oil of your choice
7. Add mixture and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the center is cooked
8. Remove from oven and let cool. Note - it will still continue to cook a bit in the cast iron pan
*I cooked mine for 40 minutes and it was nice and crispy on the outside and just a little soft in the middle
Want to stay up to date on my latest blog posts, recipes and events? Sign up for my newsletter here!