Before you get scared because the word "beet" is in the title, I promise you that the beet taste is so mild, you can hardly taste it!
Although I do love a classic hummus, sometimes it is nice to change things up! Adding beets to hummus is a great way to get in extra nutrients without the strong bitter flavour of beets on their own. The contain high amounts of folate, manganese and other trace minerals and are known to be an antioxidant rich food.
Give this recipe a try to change up your regular hummus and to try beets in a new way!
2 beets, peeled and diced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup cooked chickpeas
1/2 tsp rosemary
1 clove garlic, minced
sea salt to taste
optional: 1 tbsp tahini
1. preheat oven to 350F
2. On a baking sheet combine olive oil, beets and rosemary
3. bake for 20-30 minutes or until tender
4. Remove from oven and add to food processor with chickpeas, garlic and salt
5. Blend until smooth.
6. Add small amounts of water or olive oil if needed for blending
7. Serve with veggies and crackers
Want to stay up to date on my latest blog posts, recipes and events? Sign up for my newsletter here!