Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies
If you're on a budget this holiday season or would like to give something homemade, try giving the gift of a recipe. Cookie jar mixes are the perfect affordable gift to to show someone you care and are thinking about them during the holiday season. Make one for a friend, family member, co-worker, boss, teacher, or neighbour.
Ingredients for the Jar:
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup cup coconut flour or gluten-free flour of choice (brown rice flour is great for baking)
2 tbsp cup chocolate chips
Note: Adjust dry ingredients to fit into your jar and then adjust wet ingredients accordingly.
1. Layer ingredients in a jar
2. Add a label with the cooking instructions (see below)
3. Add some fun holiday themed string or stickers!
Ingredients to add:
1/4 cup peanut butter (or sunflower seed butter to make peanut-free)
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 tsp vanilla
if dry add 2 tbsp of coconut milk (add slowly)
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Mix all dry ingredients from the jar together
3. Mix all the other wet ingredients together
4. Mix all ingredients together
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
6. Use a spoon to scoop cookie dough
7. Place in oven and bake for 6-8 minutes
Add a fun label to your gift to make it unique and special. All you have to do is download the template here and print it two-sided to add the buffalo plaid print to the back of the tags. Cut inside the lines and punch a hole for hanging where indicated.
Want to stay up to date on my latest blog posts, recipes and events? Sign up for my newsletterhere!
Photos: Heidi Lau Photography
Jar Gift Tags: Lorrie Everitt
Jars: Creative Bag