It's that time of the year when we inevitably start thinking about New Years Resolutions. Personally, I am not a big fan of them as they often set too high of expectations, failure and negative thoughts.
I think its best to start setting goals or adjust them as needed before the New Year because if you can maintain them through the holidays, then you are on a pretty good start!
When creating goals make sure they are:
These are important considerations in creating sustainable, realistic and long-term success!
Ask yourself the following questions:
1. What habits would I like to start in the first two months?
2. Where do I want to me in 6 months?
3. Where do I want to be in 1 year?
4. What are my long-term goals?
Always start out with some simple quick wins such as:
1. Drinking more water
2. Going to the gym twice a week and then maybe 2 times a week in a month or two
4. Make my own lunch
After you get some basic habits in place start to add more.
If you are stuck on where to focus your attention, check out my 2018-2019 goals but remember, everyone is different so don't think you have to follow what someone else is doing!
1. Juice three times a week
2. Cut out sugar
3. Increase water intake to 4L
4. Drink less coffee
5. Go to a gym 3 times a week
8. Stretch more
9. Step away from my computer more
10. Use social media less
10 is a lot of goals but I won't be tackling these all at once. I will slowly introduce them over the next months.
Comment below to let me know what your 2019 goals are!
Want to stay up to date on my latest blog posts, recipes and events? Sign up for my newsletter here!