Updated: Nov 19, 2018
Everyone loves a comforting lasagna but if you struggle with digestive issues, have a gluten-intolerance and even a dairy intolerance, lasagnas aren't so enjoyable.
Below is a quick cheater lasagna that is gluten-free, can easily be made dairy-free AND even vegan!
1 lb of ground beef or turkey. Vegan option: two cans of cooked lentils, rinsed
1 package of brown rice lasagna noodles
1 jar of tomato sauce (I like using a tomato basil flavour). Using a jar sauce cuts out having to use tomato paste, seasonings, etc.
1 cup of goat feta or use a dairy-free/vegan alternative
1 cup of shredded goat cheese, or daiya cheese
nutritional yeast for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Cook noodles as per package instructions and drain. Brown rice noodles can be sticky so rinse in cool water and lay separately until ready.
3. Add beef or turkey to a frying pan with 1 tbsp of avocado oil on high heat until well cooked. Substitute for lentils if vegan.
4. Add 2/3 of the tomato sauce to beef or lentils
5. Line a baking dish with a bit of oil or ghee
6. Lay down one layer of noodles
7. Add half of the beef or lentil mixture
8. Add half of the feta and half of the shredded cheese
9. Repeat steps 6-8
10. Add the last 1/3 of the sauce to the top
11. Add the baking dish to the oven for 20 minutes
12. Top with nutritional yeast and enjoy!
Want to stay up to date on my latest blog posts, recipes and events? Sign up for my newsletter here!